I made it!!
We didn't even bother trying to hold the kids' attention today. Instead, the whole school went to the zoo. The whole school! Viola and I somehow managed to farm all of our kids out with chaperones, so we just wandered around together, occasionally getting adopted by some of our 9th and 10th graders who would follow along with us, and then we would all exclaim together over the howler monkeys or the peacocks. We laughed a lot, it was a great time.
When we got back to school, we had 45 minutes left of 6th period-- Musical-- so I taught the kids this "Guardian Angels" exercise, which is a trust game. The kids were skeptical at first, but everyone ended up getting really into it. Yay!
After school, Viola-- who is sick-- snuffled and sneezed her way through typing up a recommendation for me, which ended up being REALLY nice. Thank you Viola!! I'll put that to good use this next week, which will mostly be spent madly filling out job applications.
But.
FIRST:
I am going out tonight. I am going out dancing with friends. I am going to be a SINGLE, 25-YEAR-OLD GIRL, who does NOT need to worry about teenage boys reading into things, who does NOT need to wear boring professional clothes, who is ALLOWED to go out dancing with people her own age, who is ALLOWED to wear red lipstick if she wants, and who doesn't have to be Teacher Greta for one whole week!
Not that I mind being Teacher Greta. I actually really love being a teacher, and I suppose I'm Teacher Greta when I'm a teacher, so presumably, Teacher Greta and I at least have a warm working relationship.
But sometimes, it's fun to just be a young woman out on the town with her friends, with no professional responsibilities. Sometimes that is just FUN.
I even get to sleep in tomorrow. Woo hoo!!
1 comment:
Besides the lipstick and worrying about boys part, I TOTALLY understand. It's nice being Matt and not Mr. Beever for awhile. Have fun!
Post a Comment