Mar 25, 2009

Earmuffs

School was fine today. We showed the kids the Merchant of Venice movie, since we ran out of time to finish it before spring break. There's a great modern version with Al Pacino, but it's peppered with bare boobs. Obviously, we couldn't show the kids THAT, so I "blanked" out the screen each time a boob interfered. Viola was impressed with my timely blanking and congratulated me several times.

All in a day's work.

Completely off topic: Gramps and I watch Dancing with the Stars together every season, and--in case you're not a huge dork and didn't know-- it's back on. Normally, if Gramps and I are discussing the attractiveness of any of the contenders, he's confessing his enjoyment of Edyta's skimpy costumes. Grandpa! But this season-- confession-- I can't stop fanning myself over Gilles Marini:


Dreamy right? His only prior fame came from appearing naked in the Sex and the City movie. But even though he doesn't totally qualify for being one of the "stars" on the show, the man can CHA-CHA. Holy smokes.

I don't normally get crushes over celebrities-- I mean... except for Jim Halpert or Josh Ritter or Legolas or Wesley, or... um... that point is perhaps moot. But Gilles is BARELY a celebrity! Which makes the necessity for fanning THAT much more noteworthy, in my opinion.

Anyway. He's sure getting famous quick. Because I'm definitely not the only one swooning over this particular Frenchman. (He's FRENCH even!!) Go Gilles, DANCE. You just GET that Glitter Ball trophy.

Addendum:
In this blog, I used the words, "boobs," "skimpy," "sex," "naked," and "dancing." Sorry to anyone trying to read this with an active internet censoring program. Especially sorry if this blog made it blow up.

Also used the word "blow."

Shoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. I need a teacher like you at my school stat. Seriously.

On the video topic, at the end of today (the last day before spring break) I showed my class a Blue Planet video about coral reefs. This is the last thing they heard before getting into their parents' cars.

"Food isn't the only thing animals of the reef are interested in.

(pause)

They also interested in sex."

Ha! I pushed pause and said, "I think that's a good place to stop." They were all laughing and red in the face. Awesome. Hope it doesn't come up in conferences tomorrow though!