Mar 9, 2009

Flubbertywibbits

I have nothing wholly blog-worthy to post today, but lots of little bits that may or may not entertain you. I'm still trying to keep up the daily blogging though so UP UP AND AWAY.

1.) I caught the end of Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban on TV this weekend, and have concluded, one: Hermione really IS the cleverest witch of a girl her age, and two: WEREWOLVES ARE TERRIFYING. Also, I would like a hippogriff for my very own.

2.) My friend Kelsey got me a gift certificate to the Gene Juarez salon for my birthday, to get their "signature pedicure." OH. MY. FEET. This is how Heaven starts; I'm convinced. Peter will meet me at the pearly gates with a paraffin bath, massage oil, and pink nail-polish. I'm now considering a career change, if only to make enough money to get one of those every weekend. Praise the Lord for friends who pamper.

3.) I wrote a ROUND this weekend. For grad school, we had to write a "Philosophy of Teaching" paper, and then, for Wednesday, we have to come up with a "creative" way to present it. My philosophy has four main points which are supposed to all work together. I considered illustrating the point by sitting under a card table, and then knocking one of the legs out so that the whole thing collapsed on top of me to show: HEY, you need ALL FOUR LEGS! But that sounded painful. So instead I wrote a round!! Four different parts, and honestly guys?? I recorded it all on Garageband, and it sounds SO PRETTY! That is exciting.

4.) I really did nothing else productive this weekend, which means it is now STRESSED-OUT-MONDAY.

5.) It keeps snowing. Yet crocuses are popping up everywhere. I always feel tempted to kiss those dear little flowers, who soldier up through the frosty ground and prepare the rest of the world for blooming. "We've arrived!" they crow softly: the world's most delicate infantry.

6.) Daylight savings on a Sunday morning-- when one can sleep in for as long as one desires-- is completely innocuous. Daylight savings on a Monday morning-- when it's dark and freezing and feels like 5am-- is a MERCILESS HARPY.


A bit uninspired, I admit. Had fun with the students today; we have poetry again tomorrow. At one point, when trying to get 4th period's attention, I gave all their homework instructions in a Russian accent. That made them giggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream the night before last that I was being chased by Lupin-like werewolves through a library. Not fun at all.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I often say, "Turn za page" in a Freud-like accent during Math class, but I didn't realize how often I did it until I overheard one of my students say it EXACTLY like me when they were working together.

Ha! I wonder what else I could get them to do . . .