Apr 14, 2008

Try to use it in a sentence today!

I invented a word. A term rather. I invented a term.

It is:

SMEE.


Hark, to hear the tale of begatting:
When sending a weekly update out to my core-group, which entails describing respective core groupies' life events, I mis-read my email subject title. The title was, "Core group semi-update." But in my mis-reading, I THOUGHT I SAW, "Core group smie-update," WHICH IN MY HEAD TRANSLATED TO, "Core group smee-update," WHICH FURTHER TRANSLATED TO, "Smee update."

And lo: thus was birthed The Smee. Who knew that spasms of dyslexia could produce such wonders??

This is how you use it, it means, generally, to update. Sort of like, "Give me the skinny," but with more calories. Like: "Ohmygoodness, DAHLING, I haven't seen you in aaaaages, what's the SMEE?"
Or, "Smee me man! Post-haste!"
Or, "Hey girl, what's the smee with you?"
Or, "Okay, well there's a lot of smee to catch you up on..."

Since I'm pretty sure this has the sticking power of bootylicious, I want to make sure that everyone knows: I INVENTED SMEE.

I even double-checked by looking it up on wikipedia. Sure enough: no linguistic entries for Smee, only a description of this guy:


Thinking about Smee in terms of Smee-- now that REALLY gets me going, har har HAR!!! "What's the Smee, Smee?" "SMEE! Dash it all! Tell me THESMEEOFPETAHPAN" "Smee, you're an incompetent fool, you don't even know the smee of me." "Smee? What is that... tick...tock? Smee! What is the smee of the crocodile??!! The crocodile Smee!!! What is the SMEE, SMEEEEE?!!!"



That's the smee with me. Remember: you heard it here first.

2 comments:

Allie said...

You are crazar. But I like you. Like, I love you. Now I have Hook's wail ringing in my ears: "SMMMMEEEEEE!!!E-E-E-EEEE!!!

jnt. said...

check out this post from another random blogger...
http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/?p=5138
it made me think of you ;-)