Apr 17, 2008

I'll Wave at You Somewhere In-Between

I received one of those email forwards the other day that asks you deep and probing questions, and then leaves you with the suggestion that you forward it on to everyone else you know or else risk being hit by a falling anvil. The problem I have with these surveys is that you can make yourself sound as glamorous, or as Urkel-nerdy as you choose, depending on how manipulate your answers.

Observe: my responses below. One set as Awesome Rocker Traveller Chick, the other as, I Sit In My Room And Read Girl. Both sets entirely true.

First: As this lovely one:



Three jobs I have had in my life: Blockbuster video checkout girl. Sports Bra Customer Service Rep. Iron-er of shirts, slacks and the occasional jumper. Why dream big?

Three places I have lived: Spokane. Vancouver. At my grandpa’s house. I like to stick around.

Three movies I would watch over and over: When Harry Met Sally. Princess Bride. Pride and Prejudice- the one with Colin Firth? Oh hey golly… That Colin Firth. My, my, my.

Three TV Shows that I watch: Dancing with the Stars. The news. The Office. I'm pretty sure Pam and I would be best friends.

Three places I have been: Um. Starbucks. The library…. A dance camp in Walla Walla.

Three People who e-mail me (regularly): Like… people? Or Barnes and Nobles, and my old college, and that kind of thing? Um… No comment.

Three of my favorite foods: Brownies. Ice cream. Pickles.

Three of my least favorite foods: Mushrooms. Brussell Sprouts. Sushi. (Raw fish?? Really?? It’s just so dangerous!)


Three Things I am looking forward to this year:
Sunshine. School starting again. Maybe a date. (Tee hee.)

Three Places I'd rather be right now: In a cafĂ© with my journal. In my sister’s apartment having tea. In my bed.


...And now let's do this one:



Three jobs I have had in my life: Street Performer. Actress. Stellar So-Cal College Student Mentor. Heck, why not throw in a fourth? I’ve got sweet jobs to SPARE: African Children Entertainer/Tutor/Overall Bad-A** Missionary.

Three places I have lived: London. Malibu. Malawi. Rolling like a stone with no moss, word. Got no strings to hold me down, MM. Gypsy soul. (You understand.)

Three movies I would watch over and over: I don’t watch movies. I jump off cliffs.

Three TV Shows that I watch:
I don’t watch TV. I rock out.

Three places I have been: In Zambia on an African safari. On the top of the Eiffel Tower. In the Sagrada de Familia in Barcelona, when I was homeless.

Three People who e-mail me (regularly): My French friend Sylvain. My Australian friend Natasha. Sweet bands.

Three of my favorite foods: Wine, cheese, rich dark chocolate.

Three of my least favorite foods: Anything with scales, eyeballs, or teeth still present.

Three Things I am looking forward to this year: A trip to France. Playing guitar in Cinque Terre. Directing a high-school play and teaching the little dears how to be wicked awesome.

Three Places I'd rather be right now: On a Swiss mountain Trail. In a hot-air balloon. On a Costa Rican Zip-Line.



Okay, I'm done. There's really no point to this blog except to point out the fact that I am both nerd and rockstar. But let's be honest-- aren't we all??

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't know if the second survey is a rocker chick survey - I think it's more of a globe trotting bohemian.

Weisman said...

True. Yes. All of the above.

Get ready to globe-trot-boho with me little one... :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!