Nov 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Song

When I taught 1st grade Sunday school several years ago, I wrote a Thanksgiving song to teach the little bitties. It went:

I'm thankful for
The things that I eat
The shoes on my feet
I'm thankful Lord!
I'm thankful for
A house and a home
And that I'm not alone
I'm thankful Lord.

And I will sing
A prayer of Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm thankful Lord!
I'm thankful Lord,
I'm thankful Lord.


And you know-- even though there are many thoughts clamoring in my head and many mixed feelings about the holidays... I am so thankful, for all those things. I have good food to eat; I have shoes and warm clothes and a cozy home. I am not alone-- not only because I have wonderful friends in my life and a family that loves me, but because I am a daughter of the King and He is with me every moment.

I'm thankful Lord!

No comments: