These are the reasons why:
1.) I am meeting people that I've never met before, and having incredible conversations about life, and having brand new experiences.
This is Kristy, aka Wreckless Girl, who Annie (through her blogosphere connections) put me in touch with, and who turned out to be an instant friend. She's a professional photographer who let me pretend that I was a supermodel by ordering me to stand around in fancy poses while she discussed the lighting. We found ourselves in remarkably similar heart situations-- and discovered a lot of healing words in one another's company.
Or these folks:
My San Fran hosts. Zac is on the left, who taught me the Sign Language alphabet, climbed things with me, and made funny jokes. Brett is in the middle: Young Life Wonder Whiz, Nicest Guy Ever, and Tour Guide Extraordinaire. On the right is... um... I don't know the other guy.
But THIS girl was another San Fran hostess-- Rachel is Brett's girl and took me with her to my first Bikram yoga class, which I LOVED. Rachel is impossibly good at yoga. She also sang me songs in her incredibly beautiful voice, finally doing my Martin guitar some justice, and listened to me talk about my feelings, and talked to me about her feelings so that we had feelings-company.
Reason Number 2 for why it's good I'm on this road trip:
I am learning new things like Bikram Yoga and Sign Language and how to look for nice lighting when taking photographs.
Number 3:
I am seeing things that make me wonder and marvel and feel thankful that I live in a country like this, and feel amazed at the God who created these things.
Numero Quatro:
I am able to pull over whenever the heck I feel like it to take pictures, eat whatever/whenever the heck I want, make friends with whomever the heck I want, listen to whatever heck music I want, cry if I hecka feel like it, play guitar if I hecka feel like it, and go skinny dipping if I hypothetically felt it would be a nice idea.
Number 5:
I am giggling at sights like this:
Number 6:
I feel really, really looked after. Feel like God is totally looking out for me and making sure I'm okay. That's a great feeling.
Number 7:
It is a good idea for me to be taking this road trip because that is what Living in the Now is telling me to do.
And finally, Number 8:
I'm having fun. Even though it sometimes gets lonely... I'm having a blast.
1 comment:
Where were the zebras??!?!?
You're having good adventures. This is so great.
Post a Comment