Feb 23, 2009

Wanted: One Shopping Cart

Am considering a daily blog for lent. Why?

Well. Because my blogs tend to be far too verbose for your average internet reader, and I think short daily blogs would be good practice in brevity. And might perhaps provide a more steady chronicle of daily life.

(But Greta: isn't Lenten activity generally supposed to bring you closer to God?)

Well.

Perhaps I will try this daily blogging for the next 40-ish days, and do something else for Lent.

These are my Monday thoughts:

Easily, my least favorite part of every day is getting from my house to my car, and then again from my car to the classroom. Why? Because I carry these things:
Binder. (Huge. Stuffed. Heavy.)
Satchel. (Huge. Stuffed. Heavy.)
Purse (Filled with SO MANY UNNECESSARY THINGS, making it huge, stuffed, and heavy.)
Lunch (Little. Important. Cumbersome.)
Coffee (Delicious. Vital. Incommodious.)
Keys. (For which to open car and classroom.)

That means I look like this:

Sometimes I drop things. Boy is that ever a pain.

The worst part is when I'm trying to unlock the classroom door. I usually wear my school key around my neck (cause duh, my hands are full), so I have to stoop over, use my two free fingers to work the key in the lock, fling the door open wide enough to catch it with my foot, and then kick the door open with my leg. There are always boys playing Magic cards outside our door. Which means I always have a captive audience.

Also, I'm usually wearing heels. Which makes the bag-lady depiction that much more ridiculous, and that much more tippy-toppy.

The binder is the worst. Boy, do I hate that binder. But I file things away in it daily, and on the days when I've left it at home, I've usually needed it.

Why do I have so many things? Why can I not brevity my life? Why do I not excise cargo the way I excise superfluous words in my students' papers?

Probably because I usually have too many words in papers.

And that is the end of my life.

3 comments:

Allie said...

heehee. like the photos.

Anonymous said...

Is your hair pulled back, or super fun/funky/short?! :) Just wondering...also LOVE you!

Weisman said...

It's pulled back. It's short, but not THAT short-- comes down to my chin in a little bob. :)