I am at my desk at school. It is a Friday night. It is presently the 58th hour I've worked in what will end up being a 60 hour work week by the time I leave tonight.
But I'm actually not writing to complain. Some of those other extra hours were sucky, but these last couple, and the couple to come are sort of delightful.
I'm currently dressed as a trophy wife, decked out in head-to-toe costume jewelry, with my hair piled about four inches above my forehead, and ready to whip out a pretentious British accent to participate in the kids' murder mystery mentorship activity.
You should see what these mentors-- juniors and seniors who agree to mentor incoming freshmen-- have done with the school. They have TRANSFORMED it! Cobwebs are everywhere; they've made the courtyard into a swamp; they've made Mrs. Tripoli's room into a spooky attic; Mrs. Westford's room into a dungeon; the spanish teachers' room into a dilapidated dining room with a fallen chandelier... It's incredible.
And so the mentors will guide the little froshies around, as all of us murder mystery characters will rant and rave and do our thing, and everyone will bond, and it will be marvelous.
So even though my Friday night is spent working... And even though *officially* that's pretty lame...
I am just still loving my job so much.
Especially because, when the murder happens, I get to be the one to scream bloody murder.
I am VERY excited for that part.
1 comment:
This made me smile, as usual, and I absolutely know what you feel like.
Hope the scream went well.
Post a Comment