Jun 17, 2008

All Good News

Hey friends!!

No more free internet for us, which means less blogs and shorter ones, but yay yay yay for all of the below:

-We are in Arles right now, and absolutely love it. Our hotel is a dream and will probably be the nicest place we stay this whole trip! Our first day walking through Arles was gasp after gasp because it is SO darling, SO picturesque, and most of the people here are wonderful. We've befriended the patisserie lady-- her name is Denise, and we visit her several times a day!! :)
- Went to Avignon yesterday-- these are all in Provence-- and from Avignon caught a bus tour to see Lavender fields and two other unbelievably adorable towns. Almost didn't because it was spendy, but SO glad we did-- the 30 euro was definitely woth it! At one stop, an abbey fronted by a giant lavender field, I took off my glasses for a picture (stupid vain girl) and forgot them in a lavender bush. I panicked when I realized my screw up when we were in the next town-- but the darling French tour guide who I had made friends with asked her manager Pascal if there was any way we could go back to the abbey... Pascal took Heidi and I back to the abbey in his own car, and we found my glasses!!! I WAS SO HAPPY. I chatted with Pascal the whole way there and back in French-- I'm stumbling, but I'm doing it!! At the end of the ride, Pascal gave us both French style kisses, one of each cheek. Tres bien!!
-These last two days have been heaven sent. We have had so much fun. Truly-- no reservations about saying that. THIS feels like France!!

ALSO:
- I think my dad fixed my ATM issues. Will be testing it out immediately after this blog!
- We met two adorable Irish girls in Nice, from Cork Ireland, who invited us to come stay with them in Cork. Ryanair flies there for super cheap-- so we're now planning a jaunt to Ireland! What??
- Excuse the typos-- typing on a sticky French keyboard where the letters are all rearranged est tres difficile!!

Basically-- the last two days have been perfect. Yesterday, lunch was a fresh baguette, fresh soft cheese, and a fresh pear. Life is grand in Provence. Je l'aime!

1 comment:

hootenannie said...

Baguette, soft cheese, pear...

Shut up.

Actually, no. Eat up. I'm jealous.